Serving Our Clients & Protecting Our Staff
Mellon’s Response to the Coronavirus
Mellon is closely monitoring developments around the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), and our priority remains the safety of our employees and our clients. Importantly, our employees remain dedicated to ensuring we deliver on our commitment to serve you amid these challenging times. Our COVID-19 preparedness is coordinated as part of an established BNY Mellon-wide resiliency program, which is frequently tested to ensure seamless transition during times of uncertainty and disruption.
We are taking our response to the developing coronavirus seriously. Ensuring that Mellon is operationally resilient is of paramount importance to our clients and organization. As the number of coronavirus cases continues to climb, we are taking steps to ensure that we are, in fact, resilient.
All Mellon offices are open, but we have implemented remote working arrangements for the vast majority of our staff for a sustained period. Additionally, we have taken the following preventative measures:
- We are complying with state and/or federal requests or mandates.
- All corporate travel is now limited to business critical until further notice.
- We are asking clients, vendors and staff who have travelled to, from, or through higher-risk areas, including mainland China, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Singapore and South Korea, to wait for 14 calendar days upon their return before entering our facilities. This includes employees with household members who have travelled to these areas.
- A self-quarantine protocol has also been put in place for staff who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, have household members with such symptoms, or who have had known contact with an individual that has been exposed to the virus.
- We are asking employees to check in with clients, vendors and others in advance of any on-site meetings to review their coronavirus policy.
- Mellon has initiated deep cleanings at our principal offices and distributed sanitizing gel and wipes to staff.
- We have also reminded our staff of commonsense practices on hygiene to reduce potential exposure including hand washing, using sanitizer products and avoiding close contact with others in public spaces (social distancing).
As your trusted partner, we are taking every necessary step to continue to provide the high-quality service and stability you rely on, while safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our employees and our clients. We have and will continue to take prudent, precautionary actions that allow us to provide the excellent support you have come to expect from us—including a focus on leveraging our digital capabilities, flexibility to accommodate client needs and ensuring we proactively engage with you to gather real-time feedback.
As you and your company enact contingency measures, please share that information with your client service team so that we can adjust to suit your needs. Importantly, Mellon remains fully functional and is prepared to provide continuity of service as the environment around us evolves.
Mellon will continue to carefully monitor COVID-19 and coordinate its global planning and response based on established continuity and pandemic plans, guidance from global, respected health organizations and medical advisors, and in alignment with various government restrictions.
We take tremendous pride in being stewards of your business and will do everything in our power to deliver on that promise. Accordingly, we encourage you to contact your client service teams who are ready to offer assistance in any meaningful way possible and answer any further questions.
This was originally published on March 11, 2020, and updated on March 23, 2020.